Saturday 15 December 2012

Hidden delights!!

One of the great pleasures in baking is surprising the eater when they bite into your baked delights!! Obviously a good surprise is preferable to a bad one so I wouldn't recommend hiding a worm inside it (as a certain older brother of mine liked to do in my lunchbox at school!!!)

  I have been baking this weekend for friends and family visiting our new house and made mince pies and cupcakes. Inside my mince pies I hid an extra layer of marzipan and stealing Kate's idea, I hid an Oreo cookie at the bottom of my chocolate and Oreo cookie cupcakes. It worked brilliantly and stayed crunchy after they had been baked in the oven and came away from the case in the bottom of the case. I would definitely recommend them!! 

What do you add to your Christmas/anytime baking to make it extra special?

xxx

4 comments:

  1. Yum yum yum, those mince pies were so good! I may have scoffed two..! Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed them hun!! Think marzipan was a popular choice!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy Grandma16/12/2012, 17:06

    The mince pies were wonderful - wonder if I could order some for Christmas time? Marzipan is a great addition - and a lovely surprise!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Certainly! I will bring some on Christmas day!! x

    ReplyDelete